The country codes is twelve 'rules' for enjoying the countryside and helping other people to enjoy it, too. The code was worked out by the Countryside Commission in Britain, with the help of many other organizations which are for the countryside.
1. Enjoy the countryside and respect its life and work.
2. Guard against all risk of fire.
3. Fasten all gates.
4. Keep your dogs under close control.
5. Keep to public paths across farmland.
6. Use gates and stiles to cross fences, hedges and walls.
7. Leave livestock, crops and machinery alone.
8. Take your litter home.
9. Help to keep all water clean.
10. Protect wildlife, plants and trees.
11. Take special care on country roads.
12. Make no unnecessary noise.