Questions for young women
These are questions I want to ask young women. There’s no logic or reason to them. A female New Zealand English teacher at a high school where I also work solicits questions from her students and posts her hand-written answers on a bulletin board in the hallway. So as a lark I anonymously stuffed her question basket with my own off-the-wall queries.
My list is a ruse, actually. In fact there is one question in particular I am interested in but I have tried to disguise it among a diversity that is meant to be distracting.
1. Are you a Beatles person or a Rolling Stones person?
2. Coca-Cola or Pepsi?
3. What is your worst nightmare?
4. What posters were on your high school bedroom wall?
5. Can you play a musical instrument?
6. Did you ever break up with a boy?
7. If you were an animal what animal would you be?
8. What did you want to be when you were a little girl?
9. What is your favorite book and movie?
10. What did you buy today? Or, what is the last thing you bought?
11. What famous person from history would you most like to meet?
12. What is the name of the street where you grew up?
13. Do you believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth?
14. Who would win in a fight - Linda Hamilton from Terminator 2 Judgment Day, or Angelina Jolie
15. Christmas presents opened at midnight on Christmas Eve or on Christmas Day?
16. Who was the last person you sent a hand-written letter or postcard to?
17. What is the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
18. What would you take with you if you had to run out of the house during a disaster?
19. Do you twerk?
20. Do you like giblets?
21. Do you carry or wear any good luck charms, protective amulets or totems?
22. Which has the stronger bite, a lion or a shark?
23. What do you think is the most important job?
24. Who would you rather date - Mark Hamill from Star Wars Episode IV, or Brad Pitt from Thelma
25. What was your first job?